Demiromanticism describes the conditions of rare romantic attraction, felt only in the presence of a preexisting emotional bond. This generally means not getting crushes on strangers or anyone with whom the individual is not already close.
Demiromantic experiences may include:
- Relating to some aromantic or greyromantic experiences
- Having only limited or rare experiences with romantic attraction
- Experiencing romantic attraction that develops only with close friends 
- Only getting crushes several years into a friendship
- Not understanding the point of blind dating, speed dating, personal ads, or a generalized desire for a romantic partner who isn't an already-known person 
Like with other romantic orientations, demiromantic individuals can identify with any sexual orientation.